How To Care: Incontinence
How to Care: Incontinence
- medical history : including the history of the incontinence problem, a woman's childbirth history,
a man's prostate history.
- physical examination
- pelvic exams: vaginal and rectal
- urinalysis: to rule out bladder or urinary tract infections
- mental assessment (if necessary)
- assessment of the person's environment
- Discuss treatment options with the physician or specialist
- Discuss side effects and risks associated with each form of treatment
- Determine the treatment the most appropriate for the incontinent person
- Learn at-home coping strategies for managing incontinence
- Learn about helpful products to manage incontinence
- Contact health associations and organizations
that specialize in dealing in incontinence.